Support for FBX and simple animation?

Will there be support for FBX and simple animations in future releases?

I see that imported OBJ models have a limit of 30mb. In my experience and with some of my ideas in mind, I can’t imagine FBX files that include simple and looping animations to be more than 5mb.

Examples for this use would be idle states for game characters or simple swaying or movement motions in a plant, animal or character in an illustrated book-like diorama.

2 Likes

Good question. Animations and FBX files are something we’ve discussed as a team, and will be on the roadmap in the future. Can’t be specific as to when that will be, but we’ll make noise on here when we do. We’re working on some new tools for Jig Workshop that will help with animation - stay tuned!

1 Like

Nice! Will keep an eye out.

1 Like

Is this idea the same as the example-jig of airflow through a jet engine…where the arrows (air) constantly move without multiple sequences?

Also like the drone propellers? I haven’t been able to figure out how to make objects continuously rotate or stay in motion.

3 Likes

The airflow and the spinning propellers are two different tools, but yeah they are the basic animation features we have internally (flows and spin respectively). We’ll be releasing both those tools this year, along with a slew of new ones. The main concern we have is making sure they are easy to use!

What kind of Jigs do you want to make with them?

2 Likes

I haven’t been able to figure out how to make objects continuously rotate or stay in motion too

1 Like

We have a lot going back to work for tomorrow morning at the beach house at dinner and dinner at the beach and then going to eat eat at lunch dinner and dinner at tomorrow morning then we can come over to dinner dinner at lunch and eat lunch dinner at dinner and then we eat eat lunch then we can go to get my dinner and then we eat eat dinner dinner then we can come over and then we can come over and then eat lunch at the same dinner we have …